With 2022 just starting to get underway, there’s no time to waste taking steps towards your goals. Over 33% of Americans have identified a desire to improve their smiles. Their goals are primarily cosmetic. The majority of the identified concerns are chips, discolorations, mild misalignment, gaps, and excess gums. The answer, for many of them, is a smile makeover. Smile makeovers are a comprehensive plan designed to address patients’ specific concerns with their oral health.
Take Control With A Smile Makeover in 2022
The first step to a smile makeover is knowing what cosmetic dental concerns you want to improve your smile. This is best accomplished by scheduling a visit with your dental practitioner to discuss your concerns. They’ll work with you to identify these concerns and find the best treatments for them. The most common forms of dental concern identified include:
• Chipped or broken teeth
• Worn enamel
• Crowded teeth
• Teeth gaps
• Discoloration or stained teeth
• Unevenly proportioned teeth
By meeting with your dentist, you can start making 2022 the year you get your perfect smile. This isn’t just a practice in vanity! Your smile can literally be standing in the way of you achieving your most desired goals. Studies have shown that our smile impacts our ability to succeed romantically and socially. This same research has identified trends that suggest that an imperfect smile can impair our ability to get promoted or just to get a job. These only identify the social impacts of your smile.
Speaking from an oral health perspective, there are other concerns. These include excess sensitivity due to worn enamel and teeth shifting out of place due to gaps. These gaps reduce the amount of support the neighboring teeth have, allowing them to shift under pressure. If you want to guarantee that 2022 is your best year ever, start looking into getting a smile makeover.
What’s Involved In a Smile Makeover?
As a smile makeover is tailored to address each patient’s individual concerns, no two are alike. Some may need teeth whitening treatments to eliminate staining. Others may need veneers, composite bonding, or gum sculpting to address their concerns. Some common treatments included in a smile makeover include:
- Inlays and Onlays – Also known as indirect fillings, inlays and onlays address damage or decay in the teeth. Their purpose is to restore both form and function to the tooth, resulting in a beautiful, natural smile.
- Composite Bonding – Composite bonding can be used to address multiple dental concerns. It can be applied to hide deep dental staining, correct gaps, and restore tooth shape and structure.
- Veneers – This is a small layer of porcelain placed onto the tooth’s surface. A small amount of enamel is removed to make them fit properly. They can be used to correct chipping, discoloration, mild misalignments, and tooth gaps in one step.
More information is available from your dental practitioner. Scheduling an appointment will get you on the way to the best smile ever. Take this first step to make 2022 the best smile year ever for you!