Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth and restore your smile. In this blog post, we will explain what dental implants are and how they work. We will also list 9 signs that indicate you need them! If you are experiencing any of the following signs, it is likely that you need dental implants:
- You have one or more missing teeth: Missing teeth can make it difficult to chew food and can also affect your appearance. They can also lead to other complications in the future, such as broken teeth or jaw pain. If you are missing one or more teeth, an implant can help to restore your smile.
- You don’t want to deal with dentures: Although dentures are common, dentures can be uncomfortable and can make it difficult to eat. They also require a lot of care. If you are not interested in wearing dentures or dealing with their maintenance, an implant can be used to replace your missing teeth.
- You struggle to chew food: Missing teeth can make it difficult to chew food. So can ill-fitting dentures. An implant can help you to chew food more easily and won’t slip around.
- You feel insecure about your smile: Missing teeth can affect your confidence and make you feel insecure about your smile. An implant looks natural and can help you to feel more confident about your smile.
- You have an infected tooth: If you have a tooth that is severely infected, it will likely need to be removed. An implant can be used to replace the tooth that was removed.
- Your dentures are loose: Loose dentures can be very uncomfortable and can irritate your gums. They can also make it difficult to eat and speak. If your dentures are loose, implants can be used to stabilize them and help keep them in place.
- You have a broken tooth: A broken tooth can cause a lot of pain and make it difficult to eat. It can also lead to an infection. If you have a broken tooth, an implant can be used to replace the affected tooth.
- Your dental bridge is loose: A loose dental bridge can also be very uncomfortable and can make it difficult to eat. This can happen when the supporting teeth are affected by trauma, decay, or gum disease. If your bridge is loose, implants can be used to help keep it in place.
- Your face has a sunken-in appearance: Missing teeth can cause your face to have a sunken-in appearance. This is due to having no teeth to hold the cheeks out, as well as bone loss in the jaw. An implant can help to restore the lost volume in your face by replacing missing teeth and maintaining bone mass in the jaw.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, it is important to see a dentist to discuss your treatment options. Dental implants can help to restore your smile and improve your oral health! Contact our office today to schedule an appointment. We would be happy to help you achieve the smile of your dreams!
Dr. Admar holds dual certificates — a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) in 2010 from India and a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) in 2014 from Canada. He is now a full time practicing dentist in Kamloops where he provides a variety of services, including emergency dentistry. Dr. Admar spends hundreds of hours in continued dental education to stay up to date in cosmetic and implant dentistry and he has achieved several advanced qualifications.